WAMCAT awards scholarships each year for attendance at workshops and conferences. In order to be eligible for a scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicants must be an active WAMCAT member.
- WAMCAT dues must be paid in full for the year in which the scholarship is requested.
- Applicants must have attended at least one (1) WAMCAT workshop within the past year.
- Scholarship funding may be approved only for registration fees and lodging (room) expenses, excluding meals.
- A copy of the City/Town current budget containing funds allocated for the applicant’s travel and training may be requested.
- Applications must be received by the Scholarship Chair to be presented to the Board at least thirty days prior to the requested course.
- The scholarship funding program attempts to financially assist as many applicants as possible; therefore, no scholarship will be awarded in excess of $500.
- Consecutively awarded scholarships may be reduced in order to encourage municipalities to budget for education and conferences for their own employees and to further maximize participation in the Institute programs.
- Consideration will be given to applicants working toward initial CMC, CPFA or GFOA certification and college, continuing education and correspondence courses affiliated with educational advancement of a member’s area(s) of job responsibilities for their municipality.