Future GFOA Conference Locations include:
Denver, CO ~ May 21 - May 24, 2017
St. Louis, MO ~ May 6 - May 9, 2018
Annual Conference Overview
111TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE | MAY 21-24, 2017 | DENVER, COLORADO
Drawing on more than a century of experience, public finance professionals have widely come to view the GFOA Annual Conference as the one truly “must-attend” professional development event of the year. As in the past, the 111th GFOA Annual Conference in Denver, Colorado, will feature unparalleled opportunities for sharing ideas, sharpening skills, discovering new tools and technologies, and networking with peers from across North America and around the world.
- Concurrent sessions. A rich array of concurrent sessions covering a broad range of topics allowing participants to tailor their conference experience to their own needs and circumstances.
- Preconference sessions. Special preconference sessions provide an opportunity to explore selected topics of special interest in even greater depth.
- General sessions. Experience direct contact with nationally recognized speakers of special interest to public finance professionals.
- Discussion groups. Meet peers and discuss topics relevant to specific types of organizations, such as school districts, utilities, large governments, small governments, and the next generation of finance officers.
- Networking opportunities. Make the contacts you need to build new relationships and cement existing relationships.
- Social events. Wind down from a busy day and connect with colleagues during GFOA’s Welcome Reception and Closing Event.
- CPE credit. Earn more than 20 CPE credits, most of it directly relevant to government, with even more credits available for those who elect to participate in preconference sessions.
Registration will open in the fall at www.gfoa.org.
First-Time Conference Attendee Scholarship
GFOA’s Executive Board will be awarding fifty scholarships per state or province to first-time conference attendees who are GFOA active (government) members. The scholarship waives the conference registration fee to give those individuals who have never attended a GFOA conference an opportunity to do so. For information on how to apply for a first-time conference attendee scholarship, please email First Annual Conference Scholarship.
Reserve your room in GFOA’s official hotel block and you’ll have a great opportunity to network with other conference attendees outside the Colorado Convention Center.
Experient will be the official housing company for this event. Booking through GFOA’s official housing provider will ensure that attendees receive the GFOA discounted rate and are working with a reputable company. Housing will open in the fall on GFOA’s website.
Keep watch for airline and car rental discounts to be announced in the fall.
Tours will be offered Saturday through Tuesday for GFOA attendees. Details on the tours will be available in the fall. With a walkable downtown, thriving art and cultural scenes, and the Rockies as a backdrop, Denver offers affordable exploration of the world’s most spectacular playground! For information on what to do while in Denver, visit www.denver.org.
SEE YOU IN DENVER!